Monday, December 9, 2019

The Interview

I just came from, of what I think, an incredible example of rhetoric and self appliance to it. Tonight I had the interview for the job I have been wanting, orientation leader. It took place in a group interview type setting where I had a lot of competition. If I would want this job I would need to stand out amongst the others. I need to persuade my interviewers that I was one of the top choices of the group.
The interviewers would have us do group activities where we needed to cooperate as a team, and then to be able to reflect with the answers to their questions. I would use ethos when I answered my questions. I would go into my past experience and how I handled it back then and how it helped me in the activity. When I did this the goal was to show the interviewers that my character matches with what they are looking for hopefully more so than the others. Another tool I used was pathos. The question on why I wanted this job came up. I responded with the hardship that I have seen my friends coming into college had as well as my own. I used emotion to show I wanted the job more than just a paycheck but to help and guide the incoming freshman from those hardships. Throughout the whole thing I kept Eng_103 in my mind and now all that I can do is to wait to see if I applied it well enough.
See the source image

No comments:

Post a Comment