Thursday, December 5, 2019

Ugh Religion

So - this is a pretty hot topic I should say but i don't care. I'm going to talk about it anyways since people think religion has to be in every argumentative topic (Obviously not everyone but you get what I mean) and because I don't follow any religion and I REALLY want to understand why people must incorporate it into everything even though that isn't the subject of the argument. I don't understand why people think It's necessary and appropriate to do so. It completely twists what the argument is about usually. After the school shootings - I've heard many people say that "We need kids to be taught more about Jesus in schools - that will fix the problem" Like umm - No Karen I don't think it will. Put the bible down and check on your child's mental health and make sure he's doing okay. 

Is it maybe just some strategy that people like to use? I've heard that people like to use bible verses and such to backup their arguments and opinions but - Is that even fair if the other person doesn't believe in what they do? I just don't get it. In my opinion I think religion brainwashes people to do this sort of thing - making people think they've got some sort of superior opinion because they believe in some invisible man and only read little snippets of the rule book. I really don't know what to say here - I guess I just find it extremely annoying when people want to shove religion in my face during an argument. I'm not saying this is the case every time- but it just happens so much. I just feel like religion makes people really biased and turns people into complete monsters sometimes and makes people narcissistic about their opinions and beliefs. 

4 comments:

  1. Some people have truly accepted their faith into their everyday life’s and I think it’s a wonderful way to life, but yes some people do not accept others views or opinions because they think their faith is superior. Even though Christians are taught to love everybody and no matter what others believe in, they still choice to make others feel less of simply because they have different values in their life’s. I hope these Christians realize that this will not get them very far. They need to have compassion and love for everybody, and I think having these strong morals will do a lot of good for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Religion is a pretty good excuse to turn to when you don't want to face the facts of a matter. Why did that kid bring a gun to school? He was compelled by Satan. How do we provide support to those affected by gun violence? Is it through activism and investments of time and money? No, thoughts and prayers should suffice. On the other side of this coin are those that use the blissful ignorance of religion as a support, finding comfort in the idea that all transgressions are forgivable and all people fundamentally have good in their hearts. However, this realm is where religion belongs - you're right that it has no place in politics and it is a shame that it appears so heavily among the words employed by politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Religion is something that people can hold on to and give them a purpose in life. I mean look at in the past where one had to live day by day in order to survive and the only purpose in live was to survive. Religion gave them something to hold on to and explain some of the negative things that happened to them. In todays world its not like that for most people as they have more than enough. more and more people are becoming non religious but for people that arent it can compared to as someone having a hobby that they are very interested in or a big part of there life. You wouldn't want to judge and call them names to that person if you didnt understand what that subject is or how that hobby affects them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that some people use religion to an extreme and become judgmental with others. I believe that this behavior needs to be brought down and used to less extremes with the people around them. There. are instances where religion isn't the appropriate response and it should definitely never be pushed towards someone. I also believe that some people use religion as their form of comfort and what they want to rely on in life. If someone dedicates themselves to a religion and has a strong faith, but they don't push it onto others then I believe that is ok and a positive way for them to live.

    ReplyDelete